Home > Learning Center
Welcome to NREPP's Learning Center
The field of evidence-based programs and practices has grown considerably over the past 10 years in response to funding mandates for their use and interest in the successful translation of knowledge from research to practice, resulting in an array of useful resources for implementers. Intended to help bridge the gap between research and practice, NREPP's Learning Center offers resources to support the selection and adoption, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based programs and practices.
These learning modules are short online courses providing guidance related to evidence-based programs and practices.
- A Road Map to Implementing Evidence-Based Programs
- Preparing an Intervention for NREPP Submission and Potential Review
- Non-Researcher's Guide to Evidence-Based Program Evaluation
This library provides users with available research evidence published in systematic reviews on topics related to mental health promotion, substance abuse prevention, and mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Early Childhood Programs
- Eating Disorders
- Motivational Interviewing
- Parenting Programs
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- School-Based Violence Prevention Programs To Reduce Bullying and Aggressive Behaviors
- Suicide Prevention Programs
This section includes a definition of CER, an explanation of how CER relates to SAMHSA and NREPP, a series of materials describing evidence-based interventions evaluated in CER, and external CER resources.
- What Is Comparative Effectiveness Research?
- Comparative Effectiveness Research Series
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Multidimensional Family Therapy
- Comparative Effectiveness Research Resources
This section provides additional resources and tools related to the selection and implementation of evidence-based programs and practices addressing substance abuse and mental health.
- Questions To Ask as You Explore the Possible Use of an Intervention
- The Hexagon Tool: Exploring Context (PDF, 535 KB)
- Identifying and Selecting Evidence-Based Programs and Practices: Questions To Consider (PDF, 240 KB)
- Understanding Evidence Part 1: Best Available Research Evidence. A Guide to the Continuum of Evidence of Effectiveness (PDF, 875 KB)
- Community Development Team Model: Supporting the Model Adherent Implementation of Programs and Practices (PDF, 1.18 MB)
- Organizational Readiness for Change Assessment
- Substance Use Screening & Assessment Instruments Database
- Mental Health Screening Tools
- Evidence-Based Therapy Relationships