This page compiles the latest NREPP-related news, including announcements on recently added program profiles, SAMHSA press announcements, Federal Register notices, NREPP Learning Center news, Open Submission periods, and more.
25 Recently Posted Programs
- Behind the Terms: Discussions of Key Terms in Behavioral Health
This section provides users with the “stories” behind specific key terms in behavioral health that may have different meanings and signify different concepts, depending on the context.
- The NREPP website has been redesigned and improved and now offers many new features. These include a new Learning Center, with a Developers Corner featuring a video from a noted program developer, information on program planning, evaluation, and implementation, as well as many new valuable resources. The Learning Center also features a Practice-Based Evidence section that addresses selected traditional and emerging programs and practices that can complement and enrich the findings about NREPP's evidence-based programs and practices.
- The new, more rigorous review process has resulted in improved quality of the reviews and utility of information that NREPP provides its users. Newly reviewed programs display new program ratings -- “effective,” “promising,” “ineffective,” and “inconclusive.” These ratings convey easy-to-understand information to users who are looking to find and implement evidence-based programs that can address their needs. All existing NREPP programs will be re-reviewed over the next 3 years under this new review process. Read more about the new Review Process
New NREPP original evidence summaries published
Developing Evidence-Based Program Videos
Federal Register Notices
Dr. Joan Asarnow
|Developing the Family Intervention for Suicide Prevention (FISP) ft. Dr. Joan Asarnow
Dr. Joan Asarnow is the developer of the Family Intervention for Suicide Prevention (FISP), an evidence-based intervention aimed at preventing and treating suicidal behavior among youths brought to emergency rooms. In this video, Dr. Asarnow is joined by her colleague, Dr. Mary Jane Rotheram-Borus, with whom she collaborated in developing FISP. They discuss the intervention’s core components and intended effects. Dr. Maggie Rea, another colleague, is also featured; she discusses lessons learned regarding implementing the intervention in hospital emergency departments. Dr. Asarnow is Professor of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences at the UCLA School of Medicine.
|Visit the Developers Corner to view other videos and listen to podcasts from NREPP’s Learning Center Developer Interview Series.
Learn About NREPP’s RSS Feed
- Federal Register – Vol. 80, No. 129 (July 7, 2015), 38716 -38718 (PDF, 199KB)
- Federal Register – Vol. 78, No. 108 (June 5, 2013), 33853-33855 (PDF, 204KB)
- Federal Register – Vol. 76, No. 180 (September 16, 2011), 57742-57744 (PDF, 58KB)